Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sound Clash Japanese Style





I caught these cats about a week ago dueling it out at a dance hall reggae sound clash party just off Kiyamichi in downtown Kyoto. It was a smoky night (cigarettes that is) but there was some real talent that graced the stage. When I walked into the spot and heard the selectaz on the stage I would have swore that there were some Jamaicans in the spot doing their thing, but sure enough it was an all Japanese affair mekin' nuff noise in da place. I've got more shots of these dudes in my next post.

4 comments:

  1. I particularly like the almost ghostly quality of these, which the color enhances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks gavin. i took so many pics trying to nail one or two without flash. fortunately these were two of the best.

    ReplyDelete