Friday, June 4, 2010

Zen In Black and White








This is Kennin-ji. It is the oldest Zen temple in Kyoto and was founded by Yousai in 1202. There are three branches of Zen in Japan (Rinzai, Soto, and Obaku) and Kennin-ji is part of the Rinzai tradition. The first day I shot this temple I spent three hours taking pictures and then somehow my sd card malfunctioned and I lost all of the pictures once I got home. I was so upset until I thought to myself: "Dude relax you cannot get upset about loosing pictures that you took in a zen temple. That is so unzen of you. Calm down and go back the next day." I calmed down and two days later I was back and all was right with the world:) Enjoy

2 comments:

  1. Ok these may be my favorite pics of all your pics! Compositionally, they are mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete