Friday, April 9, 2010

Chocolate Boy Wonder Pete Rock



























































A couple of years ago one of my students informed me that the great Pete Rock (yes the other half of C. L. Smooth) was spinning at a club in downtown Kyoto and that I should come down and check him out.  Of course he didn't have to ask--I was damn there one of the first people in line.  To my surprise, one of my boys from college, Corey Smyth (Blacksmith Entertainment-Talib Kweli, Jean Grae etc.) was Pete's manager and we reconnected and hung out the next day at Jet Set Records (famous Hip-Hop and all things Black Music store) and went to dinner. These are few flicks from the outing.  By the way, Pete was absolutely one of the most gracious and humble cats that I had ever come across in the industry.  Buy his records, he's a chill dude and funny as hell!

No comments:

Post a Comment